Each participant in Ripple has a section to manage the participant’s contact information and other relevant people, such as their parents or partner. The Contacts section on a participant’s profile card displays contact information in an organized table to allow you to quickly find the information you need for a participant.
Participants may have multiple points of contact to schedule their appointments, get medical records from, or as alternate contacts in case they can't be reached. The Relationship to Participant field is now a dropdown to increase consistency and speed in entering data, while maintaining the ability to flexibly track the multiple types of relationships that may exist between the participant and the contact.
“Other” is a pre-configured option for all Relationship to Participant fields. As you add more options, “Other” will always be the last option in the list created. When a user selects “Other” a text field will appear that the user will be required to fill out to complete the Other Relationship.
Who can set-up the Relationship to Participant Dropdown Options:
Study Admins can create a list of Contact Relationship Values their team members can choose from for the “Relationship to Participant” field. This allows teams to standardize how they record the relationship between each contact person and the participant.
The drop-down is set at the study level the list is a Global (site-wide) list and is applied to all studies and the Registry.
Some example outcome options include:
- Legal Guardian
- Case Worker
- Healthcare Provider
Setting up Relationship Dropdown Options
Users can set the Contact Relationship Values on the Study Settings page, all created Contact Relationships Values are “Global.” Once added to the list, they are included in all study Relationship to Participant drop down menus.
1. Go to the “Study Settings” page (red) and click on the “Requirements” module (green)
2. Scroll down to the “Contact Relationship Values” section
3. Click the “Create a New Contact Relationship” button (red)
4. Enter the name of the relationship in the “Relationship” field and click “Save”
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each additional Relationship
Order your options:
The created options will appear in the dropdown in the order that they were created. “Other” will always be the last option.
Using the Relationship to Participant Dropdown
1. Open the desired Participant Profile Card
2. Scroll down to the “Contact Methods” section
3. Click the green “+” button (red)
4. Fill in the “Contact Name” field
5. Click on the empty “Relationship to Participant” field (red)
6. Select the option that applies to the outcome of the contact attempt
7. Enter the remaining contact information and click Save
Please sign in to leave a comment.