- Add a dropdown question type from the toolbox
- Select the question and choose the Properties panel on the right
- Select “Status” from the Survey Variable dropdown under the General properties category (Note that the question should display with all your study’s statuses)
- Toggle the Is Visible switch OFF
- With the question still selected choose the Data properties category from the right panel
- Under the Default Value dropdown choose what status you want all participants who complete the survey assigned to
- Save the Survey
If you want participants assigned to different statuses depending on answers to other survey questions see the “How To: Use Inclusion Criteria on Surveys” section.