Summary of Statuses
Study Statuses allow you to segment your participants in custom groupings as they progress through the screening, enrollment, and event protocol of your study. Statuses can be any basic categories that you want to use to visually separate the participants on the Study Dashboard and Potential and Enrolled Participant pages.
Creating and Editing Statuses
It is important to customize the Statuses to help your team actively manage your study’s workflow. To add and edit Statuses, navigate to the Study Settings tab (green), and then click the Statuses section (red).
When setting up a study, the default Statuses are: Potential Participants and Enrolled Participants. When creating a new Status, you can choose if it will appear on your Potential Participants tab or Enrolled Participants tab.
To create a new Status:
- Add a new status. Click one of the Add Item buttons, corresponding to which tab you would like the new Status to fall under:
- Name the Status and set it to Active or Inactive. Fill in the Title of the new Status and add any optional Help Text to describe what this Status is. Once this is complete, click Save:
Note: The Help text is viewable by hovering over a Status name in the Potential or Enrolled Participants tabs.
- Change or Edit Statuses. To edit or delete a Status, click on the Status and the Edit Status window and make any changes or delete the selected Status.
Note: You must remove all participants from an existing Status before removing it from the Study Settings.
- Re-order existing Statuses. If you need to change the order of Statuses, click the blue Reorder button and drag and drop the Status into the correct order for your protocol:
Moving Participants Between Statuses
There are three primary methods for moving them between Statuses.
- Drag and Drop.
Profile card drop-down.
- Select Multiple Participant Profiles. This action can be done for one or many participants at the same time.
Potential or Enrolled Participants tab:
Associating Events with Statuses
Within Ripple, you have the ability to assign Events to certain participant Statuses. This makes it easier for users to know which Events should be completed or scheduled based on where the participant is in the study. This allows for protocol branching, creating different study conditions, or other study-specific needs.
More info about how to associate events with statuses can be found Here.
When creating or editing a Status, you are able to categorize a Status into a number of pre-set Status Categories such as Screening - Lost to Follow Up, Randomized (Active), Completed, and more. These Status Categories allow you to continue using customized status names while also being able to accurately group statuses across studies.
Active vs. Inactive Statuses
Ripple enables you to assign specific Statuses as "Active" or "Inactive" to indicate if participants in those statuses are currently involved in the study. To indicate that a participant is currently enrolled or assigned to a study select "Active." To indicate that a participant has completed, withdrawn, was deemed ineligible, or other reasons removing them from active involvement in the study select "Inactive".
Please sign in to leave a comment.