In this article, we will cover:
- Summary of Events
- Components of an Event
- Event creation view
- Participant profile view
- Associating Events with Statuses
- Integrating Events with your Google Calendar
Summary of Events
Study Events are the steps in your lab’s enrollment and study protocol to help you efficiently assign and manage your lab staff and track your participants’ progress. Events are designed to streamline scheduling for both participants and research staff, helping your lab efficiently manage the timing and scheduling of study appointments, phone calls, and other participant milestones.
More information on how to create Events can be found Here.
Components of an Event
Events enable you to easily manage your participant workflows and automate suggested scheduling for future study Events.
Event Creation View
The primary customizable components of events are:
- Event Title - Customizable to your study protocol
- Schedule Relative to - The event you would like to create an expected date relative to. For example, scheduling Visit 1 relative to a Baseline event for 2 weeks after it is completes
- Schedule Event - The amount of time you would like to schedule your "Schedule Relative to" event before or after
- Assign to Statuses - This assigns events to specific Statuses where only participants in these Statuses will be assigned this event. For more information, visit this article Here.
- Help Text - Customizable text to detail general notes about the Event
Participant Profile View
Events on a participant’s profile card also include the following components:
- Status - The scheduling status of the Event. This can be: Unscheduled & Incomplete, Scheduled & Incomplete, Complete, or Missed
- Expected Date/Time - The Date/Time the Event is expected to begin, automatically calculated using the Schedule Relative To setting in the Events section under the Study Settings. This Expected Date/Time will still reflect on the profile after the appointment is scheduled, whether for this exact time or another slot.
- Scheduled Date/Time - The Date/Time the Event is scheduled to begin
- End Date/Time - The Date/Time the Event is scheduled to end
- Assigned to - The person/people on your team who is assigned to this event
- Comments - An open text field to save comments about the Event before, during, or after it has commenced. Additionally, you can attach documents in the Comments box.
Associating Events with Statuses
Within Ripple, you have the ability to assign Events to Statuses so that only the relevant Events for a participant appear on their Event list. Assigning Events to Statuses ensures that only the relevant Events are completed by a participant in their current status and other unneeded Events are not assigned to a participant that does not require them. This can be useful to manage the Events needed for the stage of the study they are in, protocol branching for participants, and creating control and treatment groups among countless other uses for your team.
More info about how to associate events with statuses can be found Here.
Integrating Events with your Google Calendar
Ripple allows users to connect study Events to any external Google Calendar account making it easier to schedule and track your participant appointments. The setup is quick and once connected your Event dates will stay in sync whether you are editing them in Ripple or Google.
To utilize the Google Calendar integration, you will need the following:
- A Google account that will be used to create study calendars that are shared with all users who will be scheduling and managing events and appointments. This can be an individual Google account (e.g., the PI or Site Administrator account) or an account fully dedicated to the study.
- Custom IDs to identify study participants. You can learn more about what a Custom ID is Here.
- A web browser compatible with Google Calendar and 3rd party authorizations. All common browsers support this functionality, including Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.
More information about the Google Calendar integration and a step-by-step walkthrough on how to set up integration can be found Here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.