Types of Custom Variables
Within Ripple, each study participant has a participant profile card that stores all of their relevant demographic and study-related data. Ripple has built-in data fields for basic personal categories, such as Birthdate, Gender, or Ethnicity. For more specific variables for your studies, Ripple allows users to create Custom Variables to store custom study-related data that your study involves outside of our pre-set options.
There are seven types of custom variable fields you can enter into Ripple:
- Single Select - a drop down menu of options where one answer is accepted
- Multi Select - a drop down menu of options where multiple answers are accepted
- Short Text - an open field for text submissions with a non-expanding view window
- Long Text - an open field for text submissions with an expanding view window
- Number - an open field for text submission of only numbers
- Date - a date picker for specific dates in the format of MM/DD/YYYY (or applicable to your locale)
- Date Time - a date picker for specific dates and times in the format of MM/DD/YYYY XX:XX (or applicable to your locale)
Article is closed for comments.