Through Ripple, you can send individual, one-way email communications to participants for event reminders, info about your study, or any other message your lab needs to disseminate to your participants.
Sending An Email
To email a participant, click the green Add Email button under the Email tab on a participant's profile page. You will be prompted to enter the following:
- Recipient email (required)
- CC/BCC email
- Subject line (required)
- Message (required)
At the bottom, there are four boxes with the following options:
- Contact (mark this email as the "Date of Last Contact" for this participant)
- Pin Email (pin the email to the top of the email communications page)
- Notify (send email notification to your team)
- Global (Save email log to global registry data)
When you send emails, all communications are saved in the Email Log to track past communications that have been sent to each participant. In this log you will be able to see the date the email was sent, the subject and message, and the recipients.
The participant will receive this email from firstname.lastname@example.org and will be unable to reply to your email. It is best practice to introduce who you are for each email and/or include contact information so that participants know who sent the email and can follow-up appropriately.
The participant's view is as follows: