Participant Consent Log
In a participant's profile, there is a tab titled Consent Log. This log is used to track the occurrences in a study where consent for procedures is obtained from the participant, a parent/guardian, or others in relation to this participant.
Adding a New Consent Record
When you click the Consent Log button, you will see all of the previous consent records obtained from a participant and with the option to add new consent records using the "Add Consent" button.
When entering a new contact, you will have the following tracking fields:
- Consent Title (Required Field)
- Consent Date (Required Field)
- Consent Type (Required Field)
- Consented By (Individual who provided consent)
- Any additional comments
In addition, you can mark the contact as the following:
- Contact - Checking this box will update the "Date of Last Contact" and the "Global Date of Last Contact"
- Pin Contact - "Pinning" a consent will keep it at the top of the log regardless of date; a user may pin several consents if desired.
- Notify - Checking "Notify" will send an email notification about this consent to your team.
- Global - Checking "Global" will make the consent visible in all studies and the registry. The "Global" tag will indicate in which study the consent was originally made.
After adding the new consent record, it will appear in the consent log showing the date, type, and title of consent, and attachments. The initials of the user who entered the contact will appear in a box at the end of the row. Unless "Pin Contact" has been utilized, the contact log will appear from newest to oldest.
Like most data in Ripple, the consent log entries are only editable by the user who creates them. Clicking the "pencil" icon will open the consent modal for editing.
Article is closed for comments.